This is my favorite chicken noodle soup recipe! The chicken is so flavorful from simmering all day and the little pasta shapes are perfect in this cold day soup! This makes a large batch, I usually freeze any leftovers to save for a sick day, or it heats up well the next day for lunch. If I am making this on a weekday, I usually chop the vegetables the night before so that I can just dump them into the slow cooker before work.
Here is what you need:
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups good chicken stock or broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 cup small pasta, such as star shapes
- salt and pepper
Here is what you do:
1. Place the chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, broth, and bay leaf in the slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
3. 20 minutes before serving, use two forks to shred the chicken into smaller pieces. Add the pasta, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Turn the slow cooker to high for 20 minutes.
4. Serve with bread or crackers and enjoy!